Haigh Law is a specialist family law practice providing legal advice and representation on all aspects of divorce and family law.
Advice comparable in quality to that of large regional firms
Competitive fees due to minimising overheads
Client orientated approach
Haigh Law offers a free face-to-face meeting, with no obligation, to explore your requirements and to discuss pricing options.
We offer advice on all aspects of family law from divorce to financial settlements and children issues, including:
- pre-marital, post-marital and civil partnership agreements
- cohabitation agreements and advice to unmarried couples about property ownership
- all aspects of separation including drafting deeds of separation
- all aspects of divorce and financial arrangements including negotiating settlements
- applications for child arrangement orders (residence, contact and leave to remove a child from the jurisdiction)
- claims for financial provision for children under schedule 1 Children Act 1989 including financial provision to meet education costs
- applications to vary maintenance orders
Haigh Law was founded by Sylvia Haigh. Sylvia has been practising family law for 20 years, since qualifying as a solicitor in 1996.
She worked for several large regional firms in Cambridge, Oxford and Aylesbury before establishing her own practice. Sylvia’s previous role was with Taylor Vinters in Cambridge, where she worked for 4 ½ years.
Sylvia is a collaborative lawyer and a member of Resolution – the association of family lawyers committed to resolving legal issues in a constructive and non-confrontational manner to minimise the impact of relationship breakdown on families.
Testimonial: “I write to express my appreciation of the excellent professional service that I received from Sylvia Haigh of Haigh Law. Having practised as a Solicitor for most of my life, I know the importance of good communication with clients and I was most impressed with Sylvia’s attention to this throughout my divorce. I really appreciated her sympathetic and excellent advice at this very difficult time in my life and in helping me to achieve a satisfactory conclusion.” – Mr L.
Sylvia has had the following endorsements in “The UK Legal 500” publication:
- “Senior associate and collaborative lawyer Sylvia Haigh is also recommended for her advice to professionals on divorce and pre-marital agreements, and for her expertise on cohabitation matters” - 2019
- “Recommended for advice to professionals in relation to both divorce and pre-marital agreements” - 2018
- “Recommended for an instinctive grasp of what works” - 2017
Haigh Law understands that some clients prefer their lawyer to have full conduct of their case, whilst others choose to represent themselves and ask for advice as and when they need it. We will work with you to ensure that you obtain the level of service that is right for your particular circumstances as we are mindful of the fact that legal fees are a concern for all our clients.
Free introductory meeting of up to an hour
Fixed fees for certain aspects of our work
Estimates of legal fees provided at regular intervals
We will discuss your specific requirements with you and can offer fixed fees for certain aspects of our work. Otherwise, we charge on the basis of an hourly rate and will discuss the likely cost of the work with you at the outset. Then we will update estimates of likely legal fees and expenses at regular intervals.
We are happy to see you at our offices and can also meet you at a venue of your choice if more convenient for you.
We are able to offer appointments outside of office hours by prior agreement.